Thursday, March 27, 2014

Michael Jackson - They don't care about us.




About The Song
"They Don't Care About Us" is the fourth single from Michael Jackson's album HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I, released on March 31, 1996. The song remains one of the most controversial pieces Jackson ever composed. In the US, media scrutiny surrounding antisemitic lyrics were the catalyst for Jackson issuing multiple apologies and re-recording the song with altered lyrics. The singer countered allegations of antisemitism, arguing that reviews had misinterpreted the context of the song, either unintentionally or deliberately.

Jackson says:
The idea that these lyrics could be deemed objectionable is extremely hurtful to me, and misleading. The song in fact is about the pain of prejudice and hate and is a way to draw attention to social and political problems. I am the voice of the accused and the attacked. I am the voice of everyone. I am the skinhead, I am the Jew, I am the black man, I am the white man. I am not the one who was attacking. It is about the injustices to young people and how the system can wrongfully accuse them. I am angry and outraged that I could be so misinterpreted.

My opinion.
In my opinion the song is a great piece of music, the critiques about of the discrimination and the political themes are so strong , the message  of jackson is  very clear, it's walk in the shoes  of others, no more discrimination for the people.
 The song talk about  religion,  race, ethnicity.
I think the people interpreted the message in diferent  forms, but  the  message  is always the same, also the people can see other  things  like, "no the song is a mess and don´t  I agree with that." I dont  know,  but I think the people   agree with the song  in a hundred  percent, because   the theme it´s  so powerful  and   realist  in the  actuality.
the lyrics is so controversial, the vĂ­deo is perfect to me, because show part of favelas in  brazil it's a place very diminished.  The population is vulnerable and  few resources.

The best part  of song to me is.
Tell me what has become of my rights
Am I invisible 'cause you ignore me?
Your proclamation promised me free liberty, now.
I'm tired of bein' the victim of shame
They're throwin' me in a class with a bad name
I can't believe this is the land from which I came
You know I really do hate to say it
The government don't wanna see

But it Roosevelt was livin', he wouldn't let this be, no no.

No comments:

Post a Comment