Thursday, March 27, 2014

To all the world




first of all , this song don't gives me great emotions, or brings me back memories ,the music video don't catches my attention because is pretty simple and minimalist , it doesn't have too many colors and is quite dark , but I like its content, this song is about the farewell letter from a man ,NOT A SUICIDE LETTER , it's only his last words before dying and his memories which are directed to their loved ones. The video was directed by Max Norman and Dave Mustaine ( the singer and the lead of the band ) and was recorded and released in 1995 . In the beginning of the video it shows a tombstone with a name on it , also shows images of a child and an old man , which refers to the passage of the life of man , and finally shows  the man in front of his grave, all these are scenes that refers to one thing , death. What I like of this song is the beautiful way that the man remember his life and tries to calm their loved ones and do not suffer with his departure, and only remember him with a smile on their face.The message of the song is more than clear and don't have great metaphors , but I think that makes it more attractive to me in some way. The only thing that this song causes me , is the desire to be played at my funeral , because it will be beautiful that the people  could understand this beautiful message and understand that the memories will always remain in the memories of each.
Now I'd like to put the verse in french of this song.

A tout le monde (To all the world)
A tout mes amis (To all my friends)
Je vous aime (I love you)
Je dois partir (I must leave)

And to finish this, let me ask you one simple question. Have you ever thought which would be your finals words?

1 comment:

  1. Sincerely, I have not thought about my final words, it is a complex question to answer, but in spite of that I strongly believe that if you start thinking about your life, your past life, memories and experiences, you may decide about certain words that better attach with your personality.

    ReplyDelete