Sunday, May 4, 2014

A great speech from a great Queen

While I was looking for information about Queen Elizabeth, this site came out: 

http://www.historyplace.com/speeches/elizabeth.htm

The first thing that came to my mind was "Woow this seems interesting", so of course I started to read it, as I was reading it, a scene from the movie "Elizabeth: The Golden Age", which we saw in class came to my mind: Elizabeth riding a horse wearing a shining armor and talking to her troops before the battle against Spain. 

As I continue to read the website, the speech that the Queen gave was there, so what Im going to do now is to put some phrases that caught my attention. The first one is 

"but I assure you, I do not desire to live to distrust my faithful and loving people" I think this phrase represents the commitement and respect the Queen had for her people and for her kingdom; this kind of phrase can be see through all the speech, so of course this was one of the things that made her one of the greatest queen  of England.

Another phrase is "And therefore I am come amongst you at this time, not as for my recreation or sport, but being resolved, in the midst and heat of the battle, to live or die amongst you all; to lay down, for my God, and for my kingdom, and for my people, my honor and my blood, even the dust." While I was re-reading this phrase, it gave me the same feeling as the quote from above, this words can only come from a person who is truly commited to what she does or thinks, so as I see it in moments like this when the people of England where giving their all for their country, their Queen was giving her all too, for them. This is the moment where you can appreciate the human side of Elizabeth. 

My lasts words about the speech are that this can only came from a Queen like Elizabeth, a queen that treats her country as her life, with the same value; a queen that practically is like a mother to her people. A queen that gave her life to serve her kingdom and that of course as a reward she gain the respect of all of us and a place is the history of England. 

What are your toughts about this speech? Do you think her words are from the heart or just words to please her troops ? 





1 comment:

  1. I totally agree on what you said about the speech; considering the way Elizabeth lived, completely dedicated and devoted to her nation, I truly believe that her words are from the heart.

    ReplyDelete