Thursday, May 29, 2014

Maori people : HEI TIKI

The maori people came from Polynesia and hawai, they arrived to New Zealand and there they try to keep tradition up of their cultures. He maori word means “local” or “native”. They characterize to be warriors and won war. The tattoos are really important in their lifes, in fact the face tattoo is the most important, his name is “moko”. Today still there are men that wear that tattoos. I think that this culture is really interesting because they have costum that doesn´t disappear at the moment and they have a lot of traditions interesting like the aotearoa haka, that is a ritual before their games, they show their tongues to scare their enemies and demonstrate they didn’t have fear of them. It is really amazing thing to me, when I saw it I believe that they are stronger and all of that. Maybe they pretended that were strong to won the war because the other felt intimidate with their ritual. When we see something like that we feel interested, don’t you? Here in our country is weird see something of the aboriginal people just of Mapuche people but hey are like aloof of us. Other thing attractive of this people is a figure that his head is warped, it is represent a human fetus, this is a souvenir his name is Hei Tiki and is normal in many places. This represented fertility to the women and for that the women bring put like a collar. They have own language is the maori but they talk English too. The movie that we saw today make me interesting me in this culture and I looking for information about that but I decide choose the video.

Here I let you a video of Haka, I hope you like this like me. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm agree with you when you mention that we keep the distance of the Mapuche's culture,because that shows our poor culture that we have as a country and it's really sad. I really liked your post because you covered a lot of important things about the Maori's culture and it was very interesting to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well cristian, is true when I say that the mapuche's people are looking like terrorist and is not really that because they have a culture important, we just think in their bad things but their are our antecestor.

      Delete