Thursday, May 29, 2014

Rabbit- Proof Fence.

Contextualization

 In 1930 Australian democracy, practiced not very usual forms for social planning
- Separated the mestizos from the aboriginal communities in which theywere born and enclosed them  in special schools where they were trained to serve whites, as seen in the book.
Referring to the book the rabbit-proof fence in Australia is a historical fact. 

 A British colonist Thomas Austin brought 24 wild rabbits from the UK  in order to raise this species for human consumption.
But this situation went out of control and the rabbits  population started to grow unmeasuraly which led them to escape from this  zone.
  
By the end of the century the amount of rabbits was  was equal to or even greater than the number of the inhabitants of the continent, hence, it was suggested fencing part of the continent in  order to protect grazing land.


my comment

In my opinión as much as the book as the movie “Rabbit on the proof fence” has allowed me to deal with severa topics and stereotypes, we can see  discrimination and persecution from white people against the black by transforming them into their slaves instead of their friends.

I believe within this last few days I have centered myself in the vision from the first unit, mainly in segregation and discrimination which I find very interesting due to the social and moral topics because this makes us realize some of our mistakes and falls, like when we try to look like something we are not or we don’t know and we have no idea how it might affect other people.

This book touched me from beginning to end  and left us a lesson about what is really important, no matter the color of our skin or gender, within our lives. The important thing is our integrity.

I would like to share something I have written on Reaction paper.

“I believe that the enemy is in ourselves and we all need to start a revolution for the people, for ourselves, in us are the words “DO NOT STAY IN SILENCE”, we must take the actions to react, not let us trample and enforce our rights, end for once with all the discrimination and be part of it, the answers is in ourselves we need to create a belief and make it the change. We all deserve a normal lifestyle without pointing out our acts and mistakes.”

Why wait for a leader or a manager? We can move the world with our ideas.



I found this poem on the Internet, this speaks for itself. :

Rabbit - Proof  Fence  poem
 Take away from my home
Ripped away  from my family
All because I´m a halft cast
I'm force to abandom my cultural ways
I'm forced to abandon my language
Sometimes it feel like there is no sun in the sky
No justice against  crime
 It seem quite  hopeless
Im loosing  all my faith,
I need to break free
I need  to escape
Along  with my sister and cousin
I´ll  run as fast as I can with them by my side
I know it  won't  be easy
It's a long  way to go
But I won't  loose hope
Many will try to harm us
 Many will try to trick us
But I won't loose hope
I'm almost back where I belong
I'm almost back to jingalong
 With the spirit bird guiding us every step of the way
My hearts fills with joy
I feel a familiar warmth
I feel a familiar breeze
 I'm finally back where I belong
After all the pain and suffering
After all the  lies and injustice
I'm finally back to Jigalong
And from that day on I knew
That  it was my duty
To never leave.

and finally the hints with a video trailer of the film, which takes us through the major scenes book and one of the most important when it is violently removed from their home.




Thanks (:

By Diego  Azocar Helo.

2 comments:

  1. This was a short but very touching book, i mean, story.
    It's the perfect example of discrimination and stereotypes that the "different" people have to be less than the others. I'm really glad that i wasn't born in that ages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Racism is extremely negative in every aspect of life, in this book, we see it explicit and literal, instead of helping aborigines, in the movie or in the book we see people discriminate against them.

    In the excerpt you posted, when the girls are taken from their mother, for me is the most powerful event in the book. Thanks for posting it.

    I think it is important to have in mind that we are persons, we born as equals, it does not matter where you come from, or how much money you have, discriminations against people must be forbidden.

    ReplyDelete