Sunday, May 4, 2014

KON KON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9KFOaWD1LE

Some days ago, I was looking for some information on the internet, when something called my attention, a documentary poem by Cecilia Vicuña. It is a short video in which she tells us some parts of the history of Concón (my hometown), landmarks and the most important factory in the city.

For me is interesting, because she tells us about how people relate the sea with a woman, how important the wind is, the fish, the land, people.
We are all different; we have all different points of view, different ways of thinking, different ways of seeing life, and this is not an exception.

In addition to that, comes to my mind the activity of maps. What I found very interesting was the way my classmates prepared their task, it was really amazing, the creativity, the imagination. 

The oral presentation despite being very short (time) I realized that was very motivating and fascinating, one group gave us food, another one gave us a little flag, and another one when they were presenting, played a song (I guess it was the group of the Celtic Fringe). I personally believe that this kind of group work motivates us in order to share and compare ideas, and to create new ways to socialize. 

4 comments:

  1. I agree with my classmate, Paulina that is very interesting the way everybody
    has to represent things in their own way, and this element is something that we noticed in the presentation of the maps,because all of us added something new and creative to each of the maps.So in a way the presentation of the maps not just showed us the different cultures and values of each country, it also represented our own way, our personality,likes,dislikes,etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "because all of us added something new and creative to each of the maps"

      That part called my attention, I was thinking about that when I was writing my post, I liked the way all our classmates did their best in order to come up with new ideas and catch the audience attention.

      Delete
  2. the map activity was my favorite activity so far!! by all the reason that you said here, it's was very short but very complete, and it's really helps us to develop our "shy" said for being talking in front of new people and sharing our knowledge about this cultures, so for me, this was one of the best activities at the moment of all my signatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my favorite activity too. I agree with you when you say that this activity helped us to stand up in front of new people to get to know them and share some time in order to share ideas and knowledge about the topic we had to present.

      Delete